The Johnsons

The Johnsons
John + Kavitha

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Little update

I finished my stims yesterday. They were not as bad as I thought. With me only feeling sick the last two days. With a prayer, I closed my eyes and took my trigger shot tonight. One last boost for my little oocytes!
Tuesday the doc will go in and retrieve the multiple eggs that have developed due to the stimulation shots (stims). The eggs will be fertilized outside of the body and grown for a few days. On Friday, the best two will be transferred.
Then starts the hardest 2ww of all. I hope to do a lot of fun things during the 2ww. Distractions to make the anxiety, craziness, and unbearable curiosity of the 2ww manageable.
Why is this 2ww so hard? What exactly is riding on this?
1)IVF is the dead end of the baby making road. It is intimidating to know that there are no other options available to you, outside of more $11,500 IVF cycles & $3,000 in meds.
2) I have exceeded my lifetime infertility insurance benefits. That means ANYTHING I have done related to infertility has to come out of pocket from now on. Just to give you an idea, one of my medications cost $1,800.
3) Because I have not allowed myself to think negatively. I feel that it will taint the outcome. So, if things go south, I am by NO means prepared to handle that. (Becuase it is NOT an option)
4) Because people know. People will want to know the outcome, whether good or bad.
5) My mom and I have bought some baby clothes. (I know, I am torturing myself)
6) Because we long so much for a baby it hurts. It hurts all over, in my heart, my soul, my mind, in my core...

Please pray for us! Particularly on Tuesday and Friday of this week.
Love to all!

Psalms 113:9
He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.

1 comment: