The Johnsons

The Johnsons
John + Kavitha

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Everything you want to know about me & more

My name is Kavitha and I am blessed to be a member of a loving family consisting of my amazing husband, John, & our 2 dogs 'Tucket & Lucy. We are also very lucky to have both sets of our parents living near by and spend time with them often.

In 2007, I met my amazing husband while volunteering at a bereavement camp for kids, Kidz N Grief.  After the weekend at camp, we were pretty much inseparable.  On October 13, 2008 John proposed to me on La Jolla Cove Beach in La Jolla, CA.  After an 8 month engagement, we were married on June 6, 2009.  After our wedding, we spent a magical honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico.
I describe my marriage as a slumber party that never ends.  We enjoy each others company, are funny, fun, and quirky.

I can honestly say that my husband is a gift from God.  I have never met such a genuine, kind, Christian man.  He is always willing to help me, support me, and love me. He is a wonderful leader for our family and a great role model for me. He is my best friend. I thank God daily for bringing him to my life and I am not often sure what I did to deserve him.

I call my dog, 'Tucket, my side kick or my shadow.  If I go anywhere, that dog follows me.  'Tucket literally lives to be near me.  It's so sweet.  He is such a well behaved and smart dog.  He's quiet, gentle, and kind.  He has really been an important part of my life and I love him very much.

Then there is Lucy.  My little diva dog.  She is lucky she is cute because she is naughty!  Lucy is a puppy, a ball of energy!  She is very outgoing, loud, and friendly! She loves to lick and will cover your whole face and knock you down in the process. She brings fun and energy to our house, I love her very much too!

I have always had a relationship with God, however was not always living my life to glorify him.  I was always active in church, however was not walking the walk.  I began to take my relationship with Christ more seriously after college and brought it to a new level when I joined Waters Edge Church in Yorktown, VA.  I have found a freedom and serenity in Christ that I have never felt before.  I used to plague myself with worry and could easily stay up nights dwelling on trivial problems many times a week.  I don't know the last time I worried like that.  It is so freeing to trust the Lord and let go of the wheel.

6 months after John and I were married, we decided to have a baby.  That was January 2010... this past year has been trying and if I did not have faith and peace through Christ, I do not know how I would be handling it.
I have spent the past 8 months undergoing various fertility treatments.  In the process I have been injected with dyes, given myself shots in the stomach, taken medications not approved by the FDA, made bulk orders of pregnancy tests on Ebay, had awkward conversations with my supervisors as to why I have another doctor's appointment,  laughed, cried,  read every infertility related Bible verse I could find, & Googled every infertility question I could come up with. The discouraging thing is that in infertility terms, 1 year is NOTHING.

Whether it be a year or 6 (I hope not!), it will happen on God's clock.  I know that he has a vision that far surpasses my understanding, so he is waiting for everything to fall into place and be the best.  God does good for those who love him, and that I do!  I have no doubt that I will get pregnant, it is just a matter of when.

My life is by no means centered around this one aspect of my life.  Though it is a big part of it, I have so much to be thankful for and so much to keep me occupied.  I choose not to dwell on the negative and am training my attitude to be positive and pleasing to the Lord.

A few more facts about me:  My name means poem or poetry in Hindi.  I am of Indian background however was born and raised in the US.  I have not been back to India since I was 3 1/2 years old (1982)! But, I am excited to say that my husband and I will be going for 2 weeks in the end of February!   (I will post lots of pix) I am into animal rights and despise animal, child, & elderly abuse.  I have been a vegetarian for most of my life however have started eating chicken lately because my infertility diagnosis is causing me to have to go on a low carb diet.  I love to come home and put on sweats.  I like to make up silly songs for everything.  The smell of lavender and roses are intoxicating.  I am Scattegories & Scrabble queen! I want to write a book.  I want to do God's work on earth.  I regularly use olive oil soap, smelly lotions, a hair straightener, & purple eye liner.  I am listening to the Bible on tape (I have an hour commute to work) and am on the book of Joshua.  I love Joyce Meyer & am going to see her on my birthday!  I got a magic bullet blender for Christmas and am obsessed with making smoothies!  I am scared of elevators. I fall asleep at stop lights (I am doing a sleep study because that is dangerous).  My favorite movie is Fried Green Tomatoes and I actually ate fried green tomatoes at the real restaurant last summer in Juliet, GA.  I like nice cars. I hate to talk on the phone and would rather text. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is the best book ever!

Well, that's pretty much me.  Have a great night & God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome Woman of God you are! KVeets, I consider it an honor to know you and am inspired but what I just read. I understand why your name means poetry--how eloquently are you able to communicate your life's challenges into an inspiring testimony for others. I will be praying for you and your hubby as you continue your journey. Let the slumber party continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments about who you are and your likes and dislikes. I think I may have found my kindred spirit! :) And while I am sad for the reason, I am grateful that God has brought you into my life. Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete