The Johnsons

The Johnsons
John + Kavitha

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

12

I had my egg retrieval today!


I got there at 6:30am and they asked me to change into an oh-so-sexy hospital gown. Once changed, they had me sit in a bed for about 40 minutes as we waited for the meds to kick in from my IV drip. John gave me a kiss before they wheeled me off to the operating room. I remember entering the OR and having to move beds. Then nothing.. I was out.
Next thing I know, I woke up back in the room I had started out in. They took my vitals and then called John out of the waiting room to see me. I will still quite out of it and don't remember the conversations that John says we had.
We had to wait for an hour before they released me. They took my vitals a few more times before I changed back into my clothes.
The doctor told me that they had retrieved 12 eggs. 8-10 is the average, so that was a great outcome!
The rest of the day has been quite painful. It hurts to walk, cough, laugh and even (TMI) pee! I have been resting on the couch all day, dozing in and out of sleep.
I am excited to find out the fertilization rate tomorrow to see how many embryos we have! Thank you to my friends and family for the prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. ooh so excited to hear hun. saying a prayer for you and your embryos right now xxx

    ReplyDelete